June 22nd, 2017
One output of the CATs project has been presented at the 12th Conference of the European Society for Ecological Conference organised by Corvinus University in Budapest, from 20th to 23rd June 2017.
The presentation can be downloaded below:
- Energy and Carbon Taxes: Empirical Evidence from EU Member States by Claudia Kettner and Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig
May 24th, 2017
The CATs project has been presented at the 18. Österreichischer Klimatag, which took place at University of Vienna, from 22nd to 24th May 2017.
The overview presentation and the poster on the macroeconomic simulation of the introduction of a CO2 tax in Austria (both in German) can be downloaded below:
- Carbon Taxes in Austria: Implementation Issues and Impacts – Projektüberblick und erste Ergebnisse
- Makroökonomische Simulation von CO2-Steuern für Österreich
February 16th, 2017
First results of the CATs project have been presented at the 10. Internationale Energiewirtschaftstagung (IEWT2017), which took place at Vienna University of Technology, from 15th to 17th February 2017.
The presentations (in German) held by the project team can be downloaded below:
- Umweltsteuern aus ökonomischer und juristischer Perspektive by Claudia Kettner, Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig and Stefan Weishaar
- Energie und CO2-Steuern in der EU: Eine empirische Analyse by Claudia Kettner and Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig
- The impacts of a progressive CO2 tax on socio-economic and environmental indicators in Austria by Mathias Kirchner, Mark Sommer and Kurt Kratena
September 22nd, 2016
The ongoing work of the CATs project has been presented in a special session at the 17th Global Conference on Environmental Taxation (GCET17), which took place in Groningen, The Netherlands, from 22nd to 23rd September 2016. Discussions with experts and stakeholders at the conference provide a valuable input for further work.
The presentations held by the project team can be downloaded below:
- Classification of Carbon Taxes from Economic and Legal Perspectives by Claudia Kettner, Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig and Stefan Weishaar
- Empirical Evidence on Energy and Carbon Taxes in the EU by Claudia Kettner and Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig
- The socio-economic and environmental impact of a progressive CO2 tax by Mark Sommer and Kurt Kratena
- Implementation issues and barriers by Stefan Weishaar